10 December 2007

Trip to Southern California

My cousin Mary and I went on a surprise trip this weekend down to Yorba Linda, east of Los Angeles, to visit our family. We helped decorate my Aunt Martha and Uncle Jim's boat with lights for their neighborhoods annual Christmas boat parade, then joined them all for a big party they were throwing at their house for friends and family. I met up with a lot of family that I had not seen in many years, if ever. I discovered my new favorite holiday drink: hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps... perfect for the cold weather that night when it started raining while we all ourside watching the parade go by!

Jenny and Mary decorating the boat:


The boat decked out during the parade:


Driving back to the airport this morning, we drove by the snow-capped peaks of the San Bernardino Mountains. I made up a little panorama of the pictures I took of the mountain as I waited for my plane at the airport: (click to enlarge)

No comments: